Burnout causing physical illness

Is actual physical illness resulting from autistic burnout and overwhelm a real thing?

Every time I start a new job, I come down with illness within a couple of weeks, usually a viral type thing, fever, shivering, chest pains, sickness, that sort of things. 

I always get very overwhelmed starting a new job and experience severe crashes. Last few jobs I have taken on while battling a pretty severe burnout

I know stress can make you ill but overwhelm and burnout causing actual physical illnesses and virus is different. Maybe its cos my immune system is down from the destress I am experiencing? 

It would be really helpful to hear from other people who may have had similar experiences 

Parents
  • I'm sorry you've been feeling burnt out. Burnout is absolutely horrific and it can make you feel like you're suffering from the flu or some kind of virus. I was burnt out during a mental breakdown and I felt really rough - I really thought I had the flu. I ached all over, I was giddy, abdominal pain, nausea, headaches and the worst fatigue I've ever had.

Rest is what you need. Rest when you can and don't do too much. Look after yourself x.

• I'm sorry you've been feeling burnt out. Burnout is absolutely horrific and it can make you feel like you're suffering from the flu or some kind of virus. I was burnt out during a mental breakdown and I felt really rough - I really thought I had the flu. I ached all over, I was giddy, abdominal pain, nausea, headaches and the worst fatigue I've ever had.

Rest is what you need. Rest when you can and don't do too much. Look after yourself x.

Children
No Data