Burnout causing physical illness

Is actual physical illness resulting from autistic burnout and overwhelm a real thing?

Every time I start a new job, I come down with illness within a couple of weeks, usually a viral type thing, fever, shivering, chest pains, sickness, that sort of things. 

I always get very overwhelmed starting a new job and experience severe crashes. Last few jobs I have taken on while battling a pretty severe burnout

I know stress can make you ill but overwhelm and burnout causing actual physical illnesses and virus is different. Maybe its cos my immune system is down from the destress I am experiencing? 

It would be really helpful to hear from other people who may have had similar experiences 

Parents
  • Yes I think so. When you're in burnout you're low and your feeling low your immune system isn't at its best so you are more likely to get ill unfortunately.

Plus starting a new job with new people and a new environment means you're exposed to new germs as well, so you'll always be more likely to get sick when starting a new job.

When I get burnout I usually get flu like symptoms. It can be really horrible and takes a long time to get over. I'll usually have to endure cough, dizziness, nausea, upset stomach and headaches. 

Last few jobs I have taken on while battling a pretty severe burnout

This is definitely a problem. It sounds like you've had/got a lot going on and as you're in burnout you're struggling more and more.

You need to try and rest, give yourself time to recover.

That's the best medicine for burnout, rest and sleep, otherwise you'll keep crashing down. I do hope things improve for you.

• Yes I think so. When you're in burnout you're low and your feeling low your immune system isn't at its best so you are more likely to get ill unfortunately.

Plus starting a new job with new people and a new environment means you're exposed to new germs as well, so you'll always be more likely to get sick when starting a new job.

When I get burnout I usually get flu like symptoms. It can be really horrible and takes a long time to get over. I'll usually have to endure cough, dizziness, nausea, upset stomach and headaches. 

Last few jobs I have taken on while battling a pretty severe burnout

This is definitely a problem. It sounds like you've had/got a lot going on and as you're in burnout you're struggling more and more.

You need to try and rest, give yourself time to recover.

That's the best medicine for burnout, rest and sleep, otherwise you'll keep crashing down. I do hope things improve for you.

Children
No Data