Healthy outlook > Mortality

Sorry if this is an upsetting topic for some (myself included).

I really struggle this the "D word" - I find it pre-occupies my mind progressively more so as I get older, and it's always been a topic which I hate / fear - if I overthink it I can get into something of a panic.

So I'm interested - how would you describe your relationship with this topic?

I'm wondering if its an autistic trait, and whether anyone has been able to develop a healthy outlook on the topic, and if so how. 

Parents
  • I'm not sure my views on personal mortality are really allowed here :/

I'm not scared to die. I'm afraid of suffering but my outlook on my death varies from something that doesn't scare me to something I want to happen as soon as possible, depending on how much I'm struggling. 

• I'm not sure my views on personal mortality are really allowed here :/

I'm not scared to die. I'm afraid of suffering but my outlook on my death varies from something that doesn't scare me to something I want to happen as soon as possible, depending on how much I'm struggling. 

Children
  • Same. There are times I can’t wait to be dead.

• I know what you mean, I suppose my outlook varies depending on my mood and tiredness also - I feel at different times I'm less bothered / more robust on the topic - at other times, I'm very afraid.

I can't say I feel like its something I've ever wanted to happen.  I hope your able to get support when you feel this way, and if your ever struggling pls reach out.