Feeling like you're being difficult for asserting yourself

Whether you're setting a boundary or asking for something. Whatever the context.

I hate it and feel like I'm being judged all the time. Everyone has preferences when it comes to friendships (as you should) but the odd person has indicated that I'm asking for too much, even though I feel I'm being completely reasonable. It might just be the way I put it across but still.

It's silky because I know that I wouldn't judge someone else if they did the same, but I automatically default to being a bad person that deserves judgement.

I'm hoping I'm not alone.

Parents
  • I have gotten to the point where I just don’t bother trying to assert myself anymore because every time I have it’s always caused problems and things get misunderstood and I always end up forced into doing what the other person wants to do so I just don’t bother anymore. I find it difficult anyway because it’s overwhelming for me to assert myself because I am sitting there worrying that if I say anything that it’s just gonna to upset people because I’m not explaining it well and things just spiral from there. It’s too much for me.

• I have gotten to the point where I just don’t bother trying to assert myself anymore because every time I have it’s always caused problems and things get misunderstood and I always end up forced into doing what the other person wants to do so I just don’t bother anymore. I find it difficult anyway because it’s overwhelming for me to assert myself because I am sitting there worrying that if I say anything that it’s just gonna to upset people because I’m not explaining it well and things just spiral from there. It’s too much for me.

Children
No Data