Feeling like you're being difficult for asserting yourself

Whether you're setting a boundary or asking for something. Whatever the context.

I hate it and feel like I'm being judged all the time. Everyone has preferences when it comes to friendships (as you should) but the odd person has indicated that I'm asking for too much, even though I feel I'm being completely reasonable. It might just be the way I put it across but still.

It's silky because I know that I wouldn't judge someone else if they did the same, but I automatically default to being a bad person that deserves judgement.

I'm hoping I'm not alone.

Parents
  • Setting boundaries is all about power relationships and people often don't like others standing in their own power as it stops them dominating you and telling you what you want/need/ought to want/need etc. Maybe you assert yourself to strongly at first and come across as agressive, so maybe tone down how you assert yourself verbally without giving ground. But you do have to compromise in relationships with others, everybody should get most of what they need for a friendship to work.

• Setting boundaries is all about power relationships and people often don't like others standing in their own power as it stops them dominating you and telling you what you want/need/ought to want/need etc. Maybe you assert yourself to strongly at first and come across as agressive, so maybe tone down how you assert yourself verbally without giving ground. But you do have to compromise in relationships with others, everybody should get most of what they need for a friendship to work.

Children
No Data