Taking a compliment

I’ve never known how to take a compliment. Whenever anyone says anything nice about me, no matter how minor, I just stare blankly, lost for words. I have no clue what to say. This happens even if it’s written in an email or on a forum like this.

Just a feature of my personality or something that is common for autistic people?

Parents
  • I thought I’m the only one… I hate compliments and I say it honestly (if it’s my family member) because I don’t believe they are true and I hate lies. But once I found myself in a highly uncomfortable situation, when my supervisor complimented me a lot and offered a promotion which I on one hand wanted, on another hand I knew I would fail as a manager. Anyway this whole situation and the compliments were too much for me and I started crying and my reaction was so inadequate that she got confused and dropped the topic. She probably came to conclusion that there is something wrong with me. 

• I thought I’m the only one… I hate compliments and I say it honestly (if it’s my family member) because I don’t believe they are true and I hate lies. But once I found myself in a highly uncomfortable situation, when my supervisor complimented me a lot and offered a promotion which I on one hand wanted, on another hand I knew I would fail as a manager. Anyway this whole situation and the compliments were too much for me and I started crying and my reaction was so inadequate that she got confused and dropped the topic. She probably came to conclusion that there is something wrong with me. 

Children
No Data