Taking a compliment

I’ve never known how to take a compliment. Whenever anyone says anything nice about me, no matter how minor, I just stare blankly, lost for words. I have no clue what to say. This happens even if it’s written in an email or on a forum like this.

Just a feature of my personality or something that is common for autistic people?

Parents
  • I've never been able to accept compliments not even from my own family. I have no self esteem and am extremely insecure, likely from the child abuse and bullying I endured for years.

It's very much a case of when someone gives me a component my brain automatically dismisses it like I'd love to believe that but we aren't deserving of such praise... So on your bike.
    I don't think that at the time lol but I imagine if my brain is talking that's what she's saying when someone compliments me which isn't often.

• I've never been able to accept compliments not even from my own family. I have no self esteem and am extremely insecure, likely from the child abuse and bullying I endured for years.

It's very much a case of when someone gives me a component my brain automatically dismisses it like I'd love to believe that but we aren't deserving of such praise... So on your bike.
    I don't think that at the time lol but I imagine if my brain is talking that's what she's saying when someone compliments me which isn't often.

Children
No Data