A post for Peter & the others who "want a meaty discussion"..

I get emails from a few people vastly more articulate and more able to organise their thoughts than me.

They usually would like me to sign up to their paid services, which ain't gonna happen unless somethng changes in my relationship with "money". 

This one guy really does seem to hit the mark rather well, but today he clearly explained, with pictures for us slower types, exactly what the hell is wrong with the world. 

AND YOU!

boriquagato.substack.com/.../how-we-got-to-here

And there's cat pctures...

Parents
  • I'm well aware how much [edited by moderator] there is on the internet. I don't see how you think posting external links like this is acceptable on a support forum?

• this is not EXCLUSIVLY a suport forum and never has been. It's an autism forum ... although in fairness the autism angle in this thread is a bit lacking.

• this is not EXCLUSIVLY a suport forum and never has been.

Yes I understand that but many of us including myself would like it to be.

This space is for us autistics to feel accepted where we can discuss our dedicated interests, talk about everyday life and also discuss the complexities and joys of our autistic experiences.

Obviously I am aware that this autistic community means different things to everyone.

• By your own definition I wouldn’t  be reporting threads that weren’t  ‘support threads.’ Which is kind of the  point, someone would have to come up with a definition. That definition would please some people and displease others.

as I’ve said not having to walk on eggshells is one of the things I consider an important area of support for me as an autistic person. it helps give me a sense of security. you don’t seem to like that definition of support. 

in the unlikely event that the mods did try to pick a definition of what counts as a ‘support thread’ it’s bound not to work for some people, to make them feel left out. I would merely highlight this fact by shining a spotlight on any rule bending. And surely enforcing the letter of the law without bias is the very definition of fair. At least as fair as the rules are themselves.

• By your own definition I wouldn’t  be reporting threads that weren’t  ‘support threads.’ Which is kind of the  point, someone would have to come up with a definition. That definition would please some people and displease others.

as I’ve said not having to walk on eggshells is one of the things I consider an important area of support for me as an autistic person. it helps give me a sense of security. you don’t seem to like that definition of support. 

in the unlikely event that the mods did try to pick a definition of what counts as a ‘support thread’ it’s bound not to work for some people, to make them feel left out. I would merely highlight this fact by shining a spotlight on any rule bending. And surely enforcing the letter of the law without bias is the very definition of fair. At least as fair as the rules are themselves.

Children
No Data