Is it getting a little bit boring around here?

So cut me some slack because what I'm about to say is likely to annoy some people but it's not an accusation against any one as such. But don't you get tired with the threads here. 60% seems to be parents going 'my child X please help.' Even if you restrict yourself the autistic adults forum so much of it is so trivial and boring every day. I've started clasifing the difrent classes of boring threads I'm reading, they are so predictable.

• Hey I'm autistic and I have trait / experence X! do we all have X? what about you?
  • Here is a random piece of prozaic infomation about how my day went I just want to share incase it interests you.
  • I don't like how autism is portayed in the media.
  • I'm nervese about upcoming diagnoises
  • I did / didn't get diagnosed
  • Should I get diagnosed?
  • random pets / animal memes / pictures thread.
  • Help there is trouble at work (valid to ask for help of course but it gets tirering giving the same advice over and over)
  • advise me what resonable adjustments I should ask for
  • Random quiz thread. E.G. 'what is your favorite X,' 'do you have X type of thing.' etc.
  • Here's a random long artical / youtube video (usuall with no scientific evidence) about autism I think you should see.
  • Life sucks because X (again very valid but all too often it's in a way that doesn't really open a discussion, it's just for sympathy)
  • I have a Problem please help (but gives almost no detail or context for the problem so it's hard to say much).
  • How do I deleat / please deleat.

Threads I miss seeing and that seem to be getting rarer:

• I have controversial opinion X and here are my reasions; lets talk about it.
  • I have a novel problem X and here is a lot of detail can you help me brain storm.
  • What would make life better for autistic people is X, do you agree? How do we work towards it.
  • Curent afairs / polotics thing X is an issue for autistic people what should we do about it?
  • Thing X that autistic people tend to strugel with presents a moril / pholosophical chalenge for autistic people how should we adress it?
  • Here is a news artical / press release / peer reveiwed paper relevent to autistic people.

I'm not saying everything has to be like a oxbridge debating sociaty but it would be nice if we could have a few more meaty discussions around here. I'm surely not the only one who feels that way?

Parents Reply Children
No Data