Consistently misplacing my belongings

I was recently diagnosed with ASD, and I struggle a lot with keeping track of my belongings. I'm constantly losing things and end up with duplicates because I can't find the original item, only to discover it later in an unexpected place. It's incredibly frustrating, and I don't understand why people always ask, "Where was the last place you had it?" If I knew that, I wouldn't be searching!

I have a grounding tool that I really rely on, but it seems to have disappeared into thin air. Is this plnkgame.com a common autistic trait, or is it just something unique to me? Also, do you have any tips for preventing myself from losing things in the future?

Parents
  • It's the reason I won't buy one pair of decent spectacles but instead have half a dozen cheap pairs in a drawer...  

I'd go nuts looking for them all the time if I had one pair, whereas this way, whenever I can't remember where I left my specs I just pull another pair from the drawer.. Whenever I find a pair I put them back in the drawer...

My dad used to be always losing his pencil, and when he died they filled a shobox (literally) with pencils that appeared when they went thorugh his stuff.. He never got a diagnosis, but retrospectively it's obvious where I got my "specialness" from..

• It's the reason I won't buy one pair of decent spectacles but instead have half a dozen cheap pairs in a drawer...  

I'd go nuts looking for them all the time if I had one pair, whereas this way, whenever I can't remember where I left my specs I just pull another pair from the drawer.. Whenever I find a pair I put them back in the drawer...

My dad used to be always losing his pencil, and when he died they filled a shobox (literally) with pencils that appeared when they went thorugh his stuff.. He never got a diagnosis, but retrospectively it's obvious where I got my "specialness" from..

Children
No Data