diagnosis experience and dissapointment.

So after 4 years waiting I finally got to have my NHS diagnosis for ASD and ADHD. My ASD diagnosis was rejected. I am nuerodiverse, not nuerodivergent, I think thats the right way round. So basically I am 80% autistic. I fell down on being able to hold a normal conversation, having hand movements that were consistent and not having a mononitous voice. I also fell down that being 54 nobody could validate anything from my childhood. So over all dissapointing, but I do 100% meet the criteria of innatentive ADHD. I am not really sure how I feel on this whole thing? Maybe I got hung up on scoring high on stuff like obsession, social interaction, and the like.

Now very confused.

Rob

Parents
  • That all sounds very odd to me so I can understand why you’re feeling confused and disappointed.

Did you look into the qualifications of and methodology used by your assessor, because it sounds like they are confused too!

• The key thing said right near the start was that I could talk fluently, I showed hand jestuers that wern't stimming, I didn't have a monotone voice and I guess I looked too 'normal. I showed too much non verbal communication basically. I remember a couple of years ago somebody on here said that they were rejected because of similar things. Yet I see people on Youtube who say they have been diagnosed but are 'normal' in communication.

• They seem to not know some stuff they ought to! ADHD can mask some autistic traits and people with both can be more expressive. You may be autistic yet!

Reply Children
No Data