diagnosis experience and dissapointment.

So after 4 years waiting I finally got to have my NHS diagnosis for ASD and ADHD. My ASD diagnosis was rejected. I am nuerodiverse, not nuerodivergent, I think thats the right way round. So basically I am 80% autistic. I fell down on being able to hold a normal conversation, having hand movements that were consistent and not having a mononitous voice. I also fell down that being 54 nobody could validate anything from my childhood. So over all dissapointing, but I do 100% meet the criteria of innatentive ADHD. I am not really sure how I feel on this whole thing? Maybe I got hung up on scoring high on stuff like obsession, social interaction, and the like.

Now very confused.

Rob

Parents Reply Children
  • The key thing said right near the start was that I could talk fluently, I showed hand jestuers that wern't stimming, I didn't have a monotone voice and I guess I looked too 'normal. I showed too much non verbal communication basically. I remember a couple of years ago somebody on here said that they were rejected because of similar things. Yet I see people on Youtube who say they have been diagnosed but are 'normal' in communication.