Feeling let down

I am part of a group of 4 heterosexual couples and today I discovered the other 3 men, I have known for about 10 years, went to watch the Rugby in France this weekend. It was never mentioned to me, and it has triggered so many childhood traumas of being excluded by those you are supposed to be close to.

I don't really know hope to cope with this, all the feelings of failure have hit me hard, and I am in my 60s. 

I just feel so broken tonight and want to shut myself away from the world. I want to end my relationship with my partner to avoid ever seeing these people again. Am I being irrational?

Parents
  • Hi,I've not been diagnosed but all this im reading feels like home to me. I think you should stick with your relationship with your partner as she's not hurt you,they have. If it would help you i think you should somehow,casually find out why you were excluded and then leave the group as this will happen again and hurt more next time.

• Hi,I've not been diagnosed but all this im reading feels like home to me. I think you should stick with your relationship with your partner as she's not hurt you,they have. If it would help you i think you should somehow,casually find out why you were excluded and then leave the group as this will happen again and hurt more next time.

Children
  • Thaks, but it is impossible to leave this group without leaving my partner as that is how I know them.

I am always supportive of us attending events my partner doesn't want to as a way to show support - that will certainly stop.