How to calm frustration and anger down?

Hi! Ive noticed and my family members have noticed that I’m quite a hothead when it comes to simple things. 
For instance while I’m cycling to work I could get frustrated at the fact the wind is blowing in my direction. 

I also use curse words quite a bit I stop myself from swearing when In front of children or I mouth it but don’t say it aloud. 

please help I want to stop getting angry and frustrated as I don’t wanna lose relationships because of it. 

I've started doing mindfulness at night like writing how my day went and how I feel but I need other suggestions.

Parents
  • Hi Harry, this a real problem for me at the moment, especially when I'm on the roads. Does your anger ever turn into something physical - like behaving in an untypical or erratic way?

I have tried self-help books in the past which follow a CBT type model but now I know that CBT isn't great for me. Writing things down sounds good though, same as talking it through with someone.

• Have a good old fashioned rant, tell people you're not asking for answers, that your questions are rhetorical. Grab hold of a cushion with your teeth and worry it like a dog with a rat, kids will love doing this with you, lol.

• Have a good old fashioned rant, tell people you're not asking for answers, that your questions are rhetorical. Grab hold of a cushion with your teeth and worry it like a dog with a rat, kids will love doing this with you, lol.

Children