Coping methods - Nappies

Hello, I have been having some issues recently and was hoping some of you may be able to help?

Please understand I am not trolling, this is genuine.

I have ASD and one of my coping methods is to wear nappies and use baby stuff. It helps me to feel safe. Currently I wear drynites every night and sometimes in the day. However they fall apart so I probably need to look for a different type. However I find adult nappies very intimaditing, I have tried putting stickers on them to make them look better but it makes them uncomfortable.

Does anyone know of any colourful adult nappies? Preferable cloth backed so they are breathable?

Also I use a dummy and was wondering if it is worth getting one designed for an adult?

Same with a changing mat?

Cheers

Parents
  • Hi Bear 123,

I see this is your first posting newly joined. It might be useful to clarify your autism/aspergers perspective.

Is this something that arises out of having a diagnosis of Autism or Asperger's Syndrome?

Conceivably it could be related to sexual ambiguity issues with autism.

But most people reading this might otherwise be puzzled as to why you are asking about what to many might sound like "fetish" on an autism website. Wearing nappies for security re incontinence or bladder control is one thing, but the adult dummy is quite another.

• I am 43/44 years of age and have been autistic for my whole life ever since I was born in 1980,

although I wasn't diagnosed until I was 18 when I was at colleage,  back then struggling with trying to fit into the world of a student with exams wasn't easy.

I had known for a long time I was intrested in diapers/nappies but it wasn't a thing I ever thought about seriously,

until I became partially incontinant through no fault or desire of my own back in 2010 after I turned 30 since then Ive been in and out of them more times than I was as a child.

as per wearing them on a daily basis I don't like going out so much as I dont want other peapole/strangers in society to judge me

unfairly without speaking to me as I dont want to be looked doen on as someone who is weird or has a fettish and I hate that word,

and yes on numerous occasions Ive had to use to I am disabled line/phrase to try and deflect 

Although I do like to use them to partially regress back to a time when everything was more simple and care free as specially after a stressful day or at night time when I know that I will be in the relitive peivacy of my own bedroom.

I also like to ocassionally fully regress from time to time which means cuddling up with soft toys using a pacifier and wearing dispers/nappies like an infant,

Although this is more to do with the fact that I have learned that I am what they now call a ABDL and there's nothing wrong with that.

a bit of advice to anyone else, there's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing diapers/nappies as anyone at any age or ability can use them, dont worry about the stigma.

Just wear something that feels comfortable and keeps you dry nappies aren't just meant for babies anymore, I fyiu feel you need them then get them or get support from your care providers.

And look online for support ay your not alone there are other peapole just like yourself out there, and most of them are genuinely kind hearted do don't be afraid to ask for help or advice.

The more you feel more comfident the less you'll notice that your even wearing a diaper/nappy and the more you'll come to enjoy them.

• I am 43/44 years of age and have been autistic for my whole life ever since I was born in 1980,

although I wasn't diagnosed until I was 18 when I was at colleage,  back then struggling with trying to fit into the world of a student with exams wasn't easy.

I had known for a long time I was intrested in diapers/nappies but it wasn't a thing I ever thought about seriously,

until I became partially incontinant through no fault or desire of my own back in 2010 after I turned 30 since then Ive been in and out of them more times than I was as a child.

as per wearing them on a daily basis I don't like going out so much as I dont want other peapole/strangers in society to judge me

unfairly without speaking to me as I dont want to be looked doen on as someone who is weird or has a fettish and I hate that word,

and yes on numerous occasions Ive had to use to I am disabled line/phrase to try and deflect 

Although I do like to use them to partially regress back to a time when everything was more simple and care free as specially after a stressful day or at night time when I know that I will be in the relitive peivacy of my own bedroom.

I also like to ocassionally fully regress from time to time which means cuddling up with soft toys using a pacifier and wearing dispers/nappies like an infant,

Although this is more to do with the fact that I have learned that I am what they now call a ABDL and there's nothing wrong with that.

a bit of advice to anyone else, there's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing diapers/nappies as anyone at any age or ability can use them, dont worry about the stigma.

Just wear something that feels comfortable and keeps you dry nappies aren't just meant for babies anymore, I fyiu feel you need them then get them or get support from your care providers.

And look online for support ay your not alone there are other peapole just like yourself out there, and most of them are genuinely kind hearted do don't be afraid to ask for help or advice.

The more you feel more comfident the less you'll notice that your even wearing a diaper/nappy and the more you'll come to enjoy them.

Children
No Data