Coping methods - Nappies

Hello, I have been having some issues recently and was hoping some of you may be able to help?

Please understand I am not trolling, this is genuine.

I have ASD and one of my coping methods is to wear nappies and use baby stuff. It helps me to feel safe. Currently I wear drynites every night and sometimes in the day. However they fall apart so I probably need to look for a different type. However I find adult nappies very intimaditing, I have tried putting stickers on them to make them look better but it makes them uncomfortable.

Does anyone know of any colourful adult nappies? Preferable cloth backed so they are breathable?

Also I use a dummy and was wondering if it is worth getting one designed for an adult?

Same with a changing mat?

Cheers

• Me too I have autism an use diapers, pacifier and bottle as form of comfort, I told my therapist about the pacifier and she thinks is a type of regression and I think it , but it does help I know it is scared but tena diapers has some color in and is breathable, and the paci I use is tommee tippee for 36 months

• i wear nappies and im 16 but i wear it for incontinence reasons and i also have a dummy which is  a bit babyish but its a coping method for me. 

• Have you tried buying adult nappies on Amazon or eBay or  try searching online if or you could try nappiesrus.co.UK and try for the 5000+mls nappies you get your choice to look through

• I think most of us probably have some sort of method for feeling more comfortable and/or secure. Although I don't wear nappies or suck dummies, I do have this stimming thing where I fold paper of material so that it has a sharpish point that I will run my fingers across. I also have a fascination with satin, lace, and some cotton materials. I use crossdressing as a way of expressing myself too, I seems to be more creative when in this mode.

• It's not surprising that a condition that makes close personal relationships difficult leads some people to adopt the trappings of those that receive unconditional love. Try https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/ for a range of adult sized escapism.

• I have autism mild mental problem.I have been incontinent for several yrs when it started diapers came into the picture been in them along time but have nothing to do with ad stuff.

• I have Aspergers myself and use a dummy yes I would advise using an adult sized one 

• This topic seems to have come up a few times. I was wondering if this might resonate with some people?

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83377-A-Double-Dose-of-quot-Different-quot-Disorders-and-Diaper-Loving

• I’ve got ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome And Pathalogical demand avoidance and uncontrollable anxiety and wear nappies for the same reason of feeling unsafe and for coping with life stuff and know exactly the same feelings it causes my knowledge of it is this in my belief the feelings that it causes and how becoming babyish etc makes You better in my view seems almost like a undisclosed form of autism or disability that hasn’t been identified because I’ve met many people with and without autism and found that half of the people I know share the same issues and so I tell myself everyday I am what I am, I don’t believe in using nappies or sharing experiences in such subject a considerable crime because it’s an innocent thing that is natural to everyone and everything And won’t ever let it dishearten me or let it be seen as offence because everyone forgets they were once a baby and that’s not a crime so having a life lived in same way but much older makes no difference u only get the one life to live so go out there and live it regardless because even tho this world is very difficult and misunderstood 

• I find that when I get stressed they help as I can go t oa time that I had no worries.

It is a self-soothe strategy that me and my psychologist came up with along with the CPN who i see as part of my mental health team.

We all agree, you cannot die from a diaper overdose (sorry to use the american word, but I prefer it to nappy), and there are far worse things in this world that a person could be into.

So to all, who have the same feelings, why stop what helps you, I wont !

Jon

• I also have an ASD and I also use nappies and baby stuff as a coping method. I find it comforting and it makes me feel safe.

• I think it could be a case of infantalism. I am aware of it as I have nappies but because of incontinence. I am diagnosed ASD also. So I do would not like in any way to be associated with being an adult baby just because I have a medical condition that means for me, nappies do an essential job and have always been a part of my day to day life. I've adjusted to not being embarrassed getting changed at the pool or at the beach but try to be as discreet as I can and certainly it is not something that you would tell people about, it is private after all. So when I read the person was talking about changing mats and dummies I thought probably it is most likely they are tending towards being an adult baby which is not relative to the autism condition unless you were profoundly autistic as I understand it.

• It is something that arises from having that diagnosis (though with or without it would still be there) It is not a fetish. I think that it is because they almost let me feel that I don't have to me grown up all the time and allow me to think of times when things were much easier. For me it is a coping mechanism that I have developed that stops me getting so overwhelmed and acting out.

• I'd suggest holding off on any assumptions or associations just yet.

Welcome to the community Bear123, I hope you find it helpful. 

• Hi Bear 123,

I see this is your first posting newly joined. It might be useful to clarify your autism/aspergers perspective.

Is this something that arises out of having a diagnosis of Autism or Asperger's Syndrome?

Conceivably it could be related to sexual ambiguity issues with autism.

But most people reading this might otherwise be puzzled as to why you are asking about what to many might sound like "fetish" on an autism website. Wearing nappies for security re incontinence or bladder control is one thing, but the adult dummy is quite another.