Autism and urticaria

Hey everyone 

Just putting this out there as I have always thought I was different when I was younger but didn’t have an awful lot of traits. 
I had chronic urticaria from say age 20 - 24 this is an extreme allergic reaction, I had intolerance tests with no cause. I was put onto very strong medication which had to be monitored. I put it down to stress but never really thought about the connection between autism and this. I do still get this now but hardly ever but I just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience or similar?

This started a few years after I started really struggling with panic attacks, these all seem like stress factors to me (I feel so blind)

Thanks for reading 

Parents
  • I've been experiencing this since I was a child too, I hadn't heard it called urticaria, I had heard of 'stress induced eczema ' though. Thanks Thumbsup 

I enjoyed watching Weird Science youtu.be/9qd04u2Yj44 on BBC3 recently. The last time I had was in the late 1980s Slight smile

• Hi and thanks for your replies 

This is another piece in the jigsaw for me. I have done a profile on myself to build a picture and my list is growing all the time. The only disappointment was I asked my mum today if she could think back to my childhood and write down anything that she thought was odd about me. Her reply was that it was a very long time ago and she cannot remember, I was hoping for a little more information than that. It looks like she won’t be the person I choose to be interviewed when I have an assessment. 
    Im glad you enjoyed the movie, I really wanted to watch it at the weekend but my wife said absolutely not and that she had watched it too many times in her life. 

• Hi and thanks for your replies 

This is another piece in the jigsaw for me. I have done a profile on myself to build a picture and my list is growing all the time. The only disappointment was I asked my mum today if she could think back to my childhood and write down anything that she thought was odd about me. Her reply was that it was a very long time ago and she cannot remember, I was hoping for a little more information than that. It looks like she won’t be the person I choose to be interviewed when I have an assessment. 
    Im glad you enjoyed the movie, I really wanted to watch it at the weekend but my wife said absolutely not and that she had watched it too many times in her life. 

Children
  • When I was having my autism assessment 2019-2021 i chose not to involve my mother in it like you describe with yours. The people assessing me were understanding and we continued the assessment.