Autism and urticaria

Hey everyone 

Just putting this out there as I have always thought I was different when I was younger but didn’t have an awful lot of traits. 
I had chronic urticaria from say age 20 - 24 this is an extreme allergic reaction, I had intolerance tests with no cause. I was put onto very strong medication which had to be monitored. I put it down to stress but never really thought about the connection between autism and this. I do still get this now but hardly ever but I just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience or similar?

This started a few years after I started really struggling with panic attacks, these all seem like stress factors to me (I feel so blind)

Thanks for reading 

Parents
  • Might be useful to investigate the connection to histamine and mast cell activation syndrome. I had a skin test for common allergens many years ago. I had no visible reaction to any of the allergens, but they used a priick of histamine as a positive control, this came up like Mt Vesuvius, but was ignored. I had and still have very sensitive skin and come up with urticaria rashes to virtually any form of skin irritation. If I absentmindedly rest my chin on the back of a hand, a few minutes later I will have an itchy nettle rash on my hand from irritation from my beard that I had not noticed at the time. I also have solar urticaria. If I am in strong sunlight for more than about 20 minutes I come out in painful and itchy rashes, on any area of exposed skin, except for my face. 

For myself I do not think that these are allergies as such, allergies have to involve an immunoglobin response, but are non-specific. Like having the back half of an allergy but the specific response to a defined trigger is missing.

• Might be useful to investigate the connection to histamine and mast cell activation syndrome. I had a skin test for common allergens many years ago. I had no visible reaction to any of the allergens, but they used a priick of histamine as a positive control, this came up like Mt Vesuvius, but was ignored. I had and still have very sensitive skin and come up with urticaria rashes to virtually any form of skin irritation. If I absentmindedly rest my chin on the back of a hand, a few minutes later I will have an itchy nettle rash on my hand from irritation from my beard that I had not noticed at the time. I also have solar urticaria. If I am in strong sunlight for more than about 20 minutes I come out in painful and itchy rashes, on any area of exposed skin, except for my face. 

For myself I do not think that these are allergies as such, allergies have to involve an immunoglobin response, but are non-specific. Like having the back half of an allergy but the specific response to a defined trigger is missing.

Children
No Data