Social Skills

I was wondering what your struggles with social skills are.

Maybe you have overcome your challenges, or maybe you are still trying to figure things out.

Parents
  • Maybe you can relate.

With me, I am not the shy type. I love entering conversations. I love being involved.

What I noticed is that there is a lot of blocking that happens. This is where people deliberately position their bodies to prevent you from entering conversations.

The other notable thing that happens is interruptions. I can be speaking then someone chimes in with a sudden conversational pivot.

Another thing I noticed was people being frustrated at me but not explaining why.

It is hard to recieive feedback. So I often end up angering people, but never knowing why they are angry at me. If I knew, I would change my behavior.

• Maybe you can relate.

With me, I am not the shy type. I love entering conversations. I love being involved.

What I noticed is that there is a lot of blocking that happens. This is where people deliberately position their bodies to prevent you from entering conversations.

The other notable thing that happens is interruptions. I can be speaking then someone chimes in with a sudden conversational pivot.

Another thing I noticed was people being frustrated at me but not explaining why.

It is hard to recieive feedback. So I often end up angering people, but never knowing why they are angry at me. If I knew, I would change my behavior.

Children