Stimming

What stims do you do comfortably in public, as part of your unmasking ? 

I've just started unmasking myself and am curious. 

Parents
  • I'm very new and don't know a lot, what is or isn't stimming...or if i am autistic, but relate to some elements of other autistic people's. My doctor recently referred me for an Autism diagnosis. But I think I might stim a lot openly but it's mostly hidden.

To cope when focusing or stressing e.g. at work is I bounce my knee up and down fast. I make sure I don't tap my foot and that my leg isn't touching the desk in any way so it's quiet, plus it's under the desk.

I have a spinner, before that I used to play with lanyards and pens and break them all.

Or a rub the back of my head because especially when it's buzzed short, it feels nice.

I don't know if this is stimming but until recently I always chewed the insides of my cheeks A LOT until it's sore. I've consciously really tried not to because my cheeks were really sore.

• I don't know if this is stimming but until recently I always chewed the insides of my cheeks A LOT until it's sore. I've consciously really tried not to because my cheeks were really sore.

Yes that is definitely stimming!

Reply Children
No Data