Online and real life connections: are they equal/unequal in value or just different?

What is the difference between 'knowing' in real life and 'knowing' online? 

Do they both count as much as each other, these 2 very different types of connection?

I've read on here a post which I felt devalued  the connections we have here.

I find them rather valuable.

I think my in person life connections are more 'corporeal' but they are also more problematic and draining of my limited resources.

They also tend to be with allistics.

What do you think?

Parents
  • Online connections are very different to real life real time iinteractions.

Simply having the option to escalate to physical violence removed, means that one has almost endless opportunity to sharpen one's abiltiy to actually debate a point to a conclusion.

In the real world, actions can have serious consequences, so people are different in their presention in the virtual world.

As for which has more "value" well that kind of depends on the viewers personality and attitude. As a traditionaist eality came forst and actually feeds me, so I tend to allocate "value" to real world connections more than these virtual ones. 

No offence intended but if I up set one of my virual friends on teh internet it has negligeable effect on my life but if I piss off my daughter, partner or employer, or simply a friend,THAT can really profoundly affect my life. 

YMMV, of course. 

• Online connections are very different to real life real time iinteractions.

Simply having the option to escalate to physical violence removed, means that one has almost endless opportunity to sharpen one's abiltiy to actually debate a point to a conclusion.

In the real world, actions can have serious consequences, so people are different in their presention in the virtual world.

As for which has more "value" well that kind of depends on the viewers personality and attitude. As a traditionaist eality came forst and actually feeds me, so I tend to allocate "value" to real world connections more than these virtual ones. 

No offence intended but if I up set one of my virual friends on teh internet it has negligeable effect on my life but if I piss off my daughter, partner or employer, or simply a friend,THAT can really profoundly affect my life. 

YMMV, of course. 

Children
No Data