Online and real life connections: are they equal/unequal in value or just different?

What is the difference between 'knowing' in real life and 'knowing' online? 

Do they both count as much as each other, these 2 very different types of connection?

I've read on here a post which I felt devalued  the connections we have here.

I find them rather valuable.

I think my in person life connections are more 'corporeal' but they are also more problematic and draining of my limited resources.

They also tend to be with allistics.

What do you think?

Parents
  • As an older gay man, I’ve had online contacts with people from all over the world in the past and also during Covid lockdowns here in the U.K., I found that online connections with the truth and patriot movement worldwide were very important, perhaps even more so than just with my online contacts with my family in Ireland - in terms of friendships and relationships, if I were to use gay dating apps and websites, not so much with having a long distance relationship, I’d be more inclined to connect with people from outside the U.K., Ireland or the EU, perhaps more so the US, Canada, etc  

• As an older gay man, I’ve had online contacts with people from all over the world in the past and also during Covid lockdowns here in the U.K., I found that online connections with the truth and patriot movement worldwide were very important, perhaps even more so than just with my online contacts with my family in Ireland - in terms of friendships and relationships, if I were to use gay dating apps and websites, not so much with having a long distance relationship, I’d be more inclined to connect with people from outside the U.K., Ireland or the EU, perhaps more so the US, Canada, etc  

Children
No Data