Everyone I know goes away in the end

Feeling very down tonight. The only people who really know me at all are work friends, of whom I have three, and one of them announced today that he’s leaving.

I’m terrible at keeping in touch with people so he’ll leave my life just like everyone else I’ve ever known.

Parents
  •   This has been one of the most emotionally challenging things for me my whole life. I have learned to not over-invest at the start. If I have a possible friend it's hard to let the relationship mellow into what it will organically be. I can smother them, or come on too strong.

In the case of another AS person there is no problem, usually. They are blunt, direct and forgiving, offering guidance as we go as to what they are up for or not. NTs are so hard to read as they skirt around an issue and I am left guessing what's wrong or going well.

I also learned also by watching tv shows like "Please Like Me" and "As We See It'. I also learned a lot from the book "Look Me In The Eye"

Another thing that's helped over the years is to realize that if there is a spark with someone the fire will take, if there isn't, then not. It's a simple formula that's helped me not take what feels like rejection personally.

I am not by nature very outgoing but I have learned to be when I feel a kinship with someone. I am clumsy, yes but I go forth anyway, Some people are meant to come into our lives and we will find them or they will find us.

I would find a group with whom you have a common special interest and start there.

•   This has been one of the most emotionally challenging things for me my whole life. I have learned to not over-invest at the start. If I have a possible friend it's hard to let the relationship mellow into what it will organically be. I can smother them, or come on too strong.

In the case of another AS person there is no problem, usually. They are blunt, direct and forgiving, offering guidance as we go as to what they are up for or not. NTs are so hard to read as they skirt around an issue and I am left guessing what's wrong or going well.

I also learned also by watching tv shows like "Please Like Me" and "As We See It'. I also learned a lot from the book "Look Me In The Eye"

Another thing that's helped over the years is to realize that if there is a spark with someone the fire will take, if there isn't, then not. It's a simple formula that's helped me not take what feels like rejection personally.

I am not by nature very outgoing but I have learned to be when I feel a kinship with someone. I am clumsy, yes but I go forth anyway, Some people are meant to come into our lives and we will find them or they will find us.

I would find a group with whom you have a common special interest and start there.

Children
No Data