Relationships

Hello, 

I am always overthinking in relationships as recently, I broke up with my ex a while ago and we have reminded friends until recently, they have always known about my Autism & OCD tendencies and have been rather supportive of them & not bothered by them which is a good thing. But recently they told me how they felt and something didn't sit right with me, did they feel that way because I was autistic, I always truly felt that I was strange or something, always talking myself down. But then they told me some stuff and it brought it up all back up.

It's like I think, can I find someone who I could have a relationship with? Without showing my tendencies or anything like that. 

I would love to hear some feedback on how you cope in relationships, I have always struggled but I struggle with my emotions and explaining them. 

Parents
  • I've been single all my life. I did look at online dating but it was awkward and I never got past introducing myself...I've never been good at things like that.
    I'm now reserved to the fact that I'm likely always going to be single. I'm autistic and that explains why I struggle so much with relationships and friendships.

• I've been single all my life. I did look at online dating but it was awkward and I never got past introducing myself...I've never been good at things like that.
    I'm now reserved to the fact that I'm likely always going to be single. I'm autistic and that explains why I struggle so much with relationships and friendships.

Children
  • Trauma also causes difficulties in relationships, particularly if the trauma goes back to childhod.

I have been single for a long time and gave up trying when i was falsely diagnosed as not autistic.

I am trying to sort through the trauma in the very small hope that I may be able to have some kind of relationship or friendship.  At the moment, I would be happy to have someone I could get an occasional coffee with ... but even that is hard.