Do you have the things you want in life and are the things you want the things you need?

I've found that over the years I've let a lot of things fall away, including people, possessions, what I felt were needs but probably were just desires.

You may get to a certain point in life and think: well, here I am, this isn't where I thought I'd be when I was 16, but I'm surprisingly content with where I am and what I've got.

How I got to this point is a long story.

We all have a history, a life story.

Education, relationships, jobs, home - all milestones (or in some cases stones to fall over or block your way).

What do others feel about where they are now, how they got there and where they think they might want to go?

This will differ from generation to generation, I suspect.

Parents
  • What do others feel about where they are now, how they got there and where they think they might want to go?

I'm in a good place at the moment. It could be better but it could be worse. The biggest problem I face at the moment is my mental health - my mind scares me.

How I got here was a bumpy road lol.

Looking back I'm not entirely sure how I got through it. My life has had its ups and downs, going through the diagnosis for autism was stressful and losing my mum last year was horrific and also the cause of my mental problems surfacing.

I'm not sure where I want to go...I would like to be more independent, have better mental health.... Meet a nice man and settle down.

For now I'm happy where I am. I do horse riding. Get enjoyment from my hobbies. That's enough for now well I try to balance my mental state.

Interesting thread this. I've enjoyed reading everyone's replies.

• What do others feel about where they are now, how they got there and where they think they might want to go?

I'm in a good place at the moment. It could be better but it could be worse. The biggest problem I face at the moment is my mental health - my mind scares me.

How I got here was a bumpy road lol.

Looking back I'm not entirely sure how I got through it. My life has had its ups and downs, going through the diagnosis for autism was stressful and losing my mum last year was horrific and also the cause of my mental problems surfacing.

I'm not sure where I want to go...I would like to be more independent, have better mental health.... Meet a nice man and settle down.

For now I'm happy where I am. I do horse riding. Get enjoyment from my hobbies. That's enough for now well I try to balance my mental state.

Interesting thread this. I've enjoyed reading everyone's replies.

Children