Struggling to get and maintain employment

I have over 10 year’s worth of administrative experience behind me, but I am struggling to get jobs and maintain them, not because I struggle with the work but because I struggle being around people for hours and hours at a time. I was getting through interviews before much better than I am now even with the struggles. But now I am not even getting the interviews so I am out of experience with them. I am 38, and have not had very many stable jobs, only temporary work in the last few years. I would love a hybrid role where I can spend some days at home and some days in an office. I only recently got diagnosed in the past 2 months.

What has your experience with employment been like?

Parents
  • Enployment is a minefield for me. Being covered by the DDA (Oh it's the Equality Act I see) has definitely helped. But I bomb out in interviews and I am really struggling at work at the moment.

I have recently applied to have Access to Work Support via the DWP, which I am hoping will help. 

I work in administartion too, but can only manage 2 days a week. I think that working from home is great. When I am struggling, my employer is quite good at allowing me to do this.

I had previous work coaching which was good though I was a bit taken aback about being advised that working full-time was un-sustainable for me. Interesting I thought.

I have also looked at ESA, but earn just more than the cut off

I also think the NAS run a scheme for work, so I will look out the link for that. Or maybe one of the Moderators can advise you. 

Best of wishes.

• Enployment is a minefield for me. Being covered by the DDA (Oh it's the Equality Act I see) has definitely helped. But I bomb out in interviews and I am really struggling at work at the moment.

I have recently applied to have Access to Work Support via the DWP, which I am hoping will help. 

I work in administartion too, but can only manage 2 days a week. I think that working from home is great. When I am struggling, my employer is quite good at allowing me to do this.

I had previous work coaching which was good though I was a bit taken aback about being advised that working full-time was un-sustainable for me. Interesting I thought.

I have also looked at ESA, but earn just more than the cut off

I also think the NAS run a scheme for work, so I will look out the link for that. Or maybe one of the Moderators can advise you. 

Best of wishes.

Children
  • I am like you. Although I struggle even with part-time it is easier to manage for me. I would love to work from home but I still need to spend time away from here so a hybrid role would be amazing. I will try to find the scheme you mentioned. Thank you.