Assessments

Hi, I have been waiting 6 years for an Autism Assessment on the NHS.  A colleague came into the office last week claiming that the NHS were sending him to a private clinic due to the waiting lists....I was really angry!  it totally triggered me.

I have not heard this myself personally.  Has anyone here?

david

Parents
  • You need to really press your GP on 'right to choose', mine was reluctant as I think it affects their budget. However you are then going onto another waiting list of 6+ months. I went onto a another waiting list but GP didn't take me off the NHS list so I have my NHS assment on Tuesday, thats after 4 years and 2 months!

• You need to really press your GP on 'right to choose', mine was reluctant as I think it affects their budget. However you are then going onto another waiting list of 6+ months. I went onto a another waiting list but GP didn't take me off the NHS list so I have my NHS assment on Tuesday, thats after 4 years and 2 months!

Children
  • Agree about pushing them, I was told if you do right to choose when you have your assessment it will automatically cancel your original NHS assessment. I thing the Gp’s are generally in the dark with right to choose. I made it easy for them by printing all the information off and the forms and delivered them to the secretary of the Gp surgery in person.