Meditation and relaxation

Hello everyone 

Just wondering if anyone could share any links or info on meditation please?

I am struggling a little atm as my boy is struggling going back to school after half term and I’ve had a long night with little sleep and pretty much watched YouTube videos on autism. 
Also my parents are on holiday which always makes me really anxious as a few years ago while on holiday he had an aneurysm and a stroke which was probably one of the worst times in my life. 

Thanks for listening 

Parents
  • Meditation can be amazing but it’s not a magical pill. It’s like physical exercise, but for your brain. It takes time, but even a few minutes consistently over a period of time yields noticeable results. It’s better incorporated as a routine, like brushing your teeth. Some do it first thing in the morning. Some right before bed. Those that seem to use it effectively have made it a part of their own lifestyle.

For me, meditation helped me realise that I have more control over my emotions, and overall happiness, than I used to believe possible. It helped me realise how focusing on the present moment makes me feel more alive and more aware of myself if that makes sense. It opens up your mind like it can breathe and feel fresh air.

It's a lovely feeling, a peaceful feeling. I started meditating after my BF left me and my daughter, and since then I feel so much better after meditating.

Good luck if you try. I hope it works as well for you. Definitely is worth giving a try though.

• Meditation can be amazing but it’s not a magical pill. It’s like physical exercise, but for your brain. It takes time, but even a few minutes consistently over a period of time yields noticeable results. It’s better incorporated as a routine, like brushing your teeth. Some do it first thing in the morning. Some right before bed. Those that seem to use it effectively have made it a part of their own lifestyle.

For me, meditation helped me realise that I have more control over my emotions, and overall happiness, than I used to believe possible. It helped me realise how focusing on the present moment makes me feel more alive and more aware of myself if that makes sense. It opens up your mind like it can breathe and feel fresh air.

It's a lovely feeling, a peaceful feeling. I started meditating after my BF left me and my daughter, and since then I feel so much better after meditating.

Good luck if you try. I hope it works as well for you. Definitely is worth giving a try though.

Children
  • Control over my emotions would be amazing, I have hyper empathy also which I do feel is a gift but can also be a curse. I can tell from your post how good meditation has been for you and I would love to be able to say the same in the future.

Thank you so much for that and I hope you continue on your journey of being in control