Purpose

I find myself looking for a purpose in life. I've always associated that with a career or bringing up a family. My children are adults now, and do not live nearby. And a career doesn't seem very likely for me now, due to various health reasons. 

Someone said to me recently that a purpose doesn't have to be just those things. But I can't get passed that. Any thoughts please ? 

Parents
  • For me it’s working on classic cars, I’ve done it for 40 years and still don’t get bored of it. I love the hours of research and tracking down rare parts on the internet.

It suits me as I can be totally alone all day and not have to engage with anyone. I love attention to detail, my other purpose is growing plants in the summer, to pick my own tomatoes or cucumbers is very satisfying, it’s also totally different to my day job and is another quiet place with no people. The only downside is that I can’t eat tomatoes or cucumbers as the texture totally wrong, my family enjoys them though. Hanging baskets are a great visual stimulation especially when they are bright colours.

• For me it’s working on classic cars, I’ve done it for 40 years and still don’t get bored of it. I love the hours of research and tracking down rare parts on the internet.

It suits me as I can be totally alone all day and not have to engage with anyone. I love attention to detail, my other purpose is growing plants in the summer, to pick my own tomatoes or cucumbers is very satisfying, it’s also totally different to my day job and is another quiet place with no people. The only downside is that I can’t eat tomatoes or cucumbers as the texture totally wrong, my family enjoys them though. Hanging baskets are a great visual stimulation especially when they are bright colours.

Children