Where Do You Want Autism Funding To Go?

Here's a video I made about The Autism Investor Summit 

youtu.be/-UbsdA9a71Q

Parents Reply
  • It’s great to see more autistic researchers focusing on studies that actually are beneficial to our communities as opposed to non autistic ‘autism’ researchers who sometimes want to try and find out why we exist (which is obviously dangerous and dehumanising in itself!).

Absolutely! Really great to see more autistic researchers out there. Thanks for the link in your original comment, informative and interesting. A lot of food for thought.

Children
  • So glad you found the article relatable and interesting , that’s even more meaningful as I wrote it! That's brilliant!

So now do you understand the potential difference between Processing Mutism and Situational Mutism? What is your experience of mutism like?

Thanks so much for reading it and giving feedback, I appreciate it so much! I will be writing a series on this subject, so hopefully you can gain more insight into your autistic experience of mutism. I will be writing about other stress responses including freeze and fawn and linking experiences of overwhelm to monotropism.

I look forward to more of your comments!

• Thanks! I regularly check it the Autistic Village website. I recently read this which I thought was very interesting as it discusses mutism which is common amongst autism but you don't really hear much about it.

As someone who experiences mutism from both autism and anxiety this made very interesting reading for me. It's a great site, always informative and interesting.

• You are so welcome! I am glad you found it interesting, there are lots of other articles on the Autistic Village website that you may find insightful.