Where Do You Want Autism Funding To Go?

Here's a video I made about The Autism Investor Summit 

youtu.be/-UbsdA9a71Q

Parents
  • Hi neurokin! 

You may find this article about research and funding priorities for our autistic community interesting/relatable:

https://autistic-village.com/2021/11/02/why-bad-research-like-spectrum-10k-should-no-longer-get-the-green-light-and-what-should/

I absolutely agree with all of them obviously but I would particularly like to see as stated more emphasising on amplifying non speaking members of our autistic community and I would love to learn and see more attention given to the experience of being apraxic (the reason why many nonspeakers can’t reliably use speech).

What do you think about the priorities explained in the article?

• I will take a look at the article. Thanks! Thinking about autism research reminded me of Liz Pellicano who is an autism researcher that I saw give a talk last year and that really impressed me- she is very keen to improve lives of autistic people. Her research team is composed of autistic and neurotypical individuals and they take into account the opinions of the autistic community and work closely with autistic individuals to make sure their work will be of use to help autistic people flourish . I was really impressed and think we need more people like her and funding needs to go towards their work. profiles.ucl.ac.uk/.../about

• I will take a look at the article. Thanks! Thinking about autism research reminded me of Liz Pellicano who is an autism researcher that I saw give a talk last year and that really impressed me- she is very keen to improve lives of autistic people. Her research team is composed of autistic and neurotypical individuals and they take into account the opinions of the autistic community and work closely with autistic individuals to make sure their work will be of use to help autistic people flourish . I was really impressed and think we need more people like her and funding needs to go towards their work. profiles.ucl.ac.uk/.../about

Children