A year on.....

Not been on here for a while. I had a bad experience and was given a non diagnosis.......then i was diagnosed by a private clinician, who was very decent. Anyway.....

So, a year on and I still struggle with my diagnosis and dont mention it because people just dont get it do they?. I dont mention to anyone i am autistic/aspergers. I do have many add traits too and im in the system for that but i dont really care to be honest.....anyway....im doing very well. I am given lots of space and my family understand me a little better. Im in a good place. I hardly drink as much now because i was self medicating quite alot..... 

I hope everyone is good and for people on the journey, I wish you the best and even if the NHS let you fown, dont give up and trust your gut because they aint always right!

Parents
  • Well done!!! What a great achievement in just a year! Blush Really happy to read this today, thanks for sharing.

I've struggled with drink before and it's not an easy thing to stop. You should be really proud of yourself. I managed to kick the drink but still struggling with self harm. Hopefully your inspiring story will help give me the strength.

Last time I was here the forum was quite negative so it's been lovely reading your post. Thanks for making it.

• Well done!!! What a great achievement in just a year! Blush Really happy to read this today, thanks for sharing.

I've struggled with drink before and it's not an easy thing to stop. You should be really proud of yourself. I managed to kick the drink but still struggling with self harm. Hopefully your inspiring story will help give me the strength.

Last time I was here the forum was quite negative so it's been lovely reading your post. Thanks for making it.

Children
  • Thanks fuzzy. That means alot and well done yourself. Yeah, i get what you mean.....I found abit of a negative vibe on here last time i was on so just took a break...

I hope you get the self harm in check. I know its easier said than done when you are in that mindset.....luckily, i tend not to go there now but in those moments its difficult and fraustrating to not so so...... I wish you all the best and hopefully you find another solution or outlet to express the emotions behind it