A year on.....

Not been on here for a while. I had a bad experience and was given a non diagnosis.......then i was diagnosed by a private clinician, who was very decent. Anyway.....

So, a year on and I still struggle with my diagnosis and dont mention it because people just dont get it do they?. I dont mention to anyone i am autistic/aspergers. I do have many add traits too and im in the system for that but i dont really care to be honest.....anyway....im doing very well. I am given lots of space and my family understand me a little better. Im in a good place. I hardly drink as much now because i was self medicating quite alot..... 

I hope everyone is good and for people on the journey, I wish you the best and even if the NHS let you fown, dont give up and trust your gut because they aint always right!

Parents
  • Hi.... Welcome back! :) Really refreshing and positive to read this this morning. I'm really happy for you. Unfortunately most people don't get it but we do so if you're struggling and need support then reach out, from what I've seen there's always a listening ear available here.

Well done r.e. the drinking...not an easy thing to beat. I started heavily drinking over night when my sister died and after years and years of drinking I stopped over night when I realised what I was doing to myself. I was so used to thinking and hearing my thoughts....but the drink stopped my thoughts process and I didn't like it. I got weak a couple of times and drank again but never heavily and now it's been 5+ years since I last had a glass of wine.

Life isn't always easy but there are good times ahead and this is a good community to be part of. 

I'm really glad I found it.

I've also stopped using social media... No more X or Facebook... I feel much happier since I stopped using social media.

• Hi.... Welcome back! :) Really refreshing and positive to read this this morning. I'm really happy for you. Unfortunately most people don't get it but we do so if you're struggling and need support then reach out, from what I've seen there's always a listening ear available here.

Well done r.e. the drinking...not an easy thing to beat. I started heavily drinking over night when my sister died and after years and years of drinking I stopped over night when I realised what I was doing to myself. I was so used to thinking and hearing my thoughts....but the drink stopped my thoughts process and I didn't like it. I got weak a couple of times and drank again but never heavily and now it's been 5+ years since I last had a glass of wine.

Life isn't always easy but there are good times ahead and this is a good community to be part of. 

I'm really glad I found it.

I've also stopped using social media... No more X or Facebook... I feel much happier since I stopped using social media.

Children
  • Nice to hear your story and glad you are doing well. The booze is a hard one to quit, i think we all or most of us get to the point where it doesnt serve us.......I dont think people also realise the addiction of social media and online places in general. I ditched facebook over 15yrs ago and glad i did. It reminds me of the mirror from harry potter.....millions of people just staring into oblivion lol

I see people getting depressed over how many likes they get and it makes me really sad....

I stay off social media and groups because i can read things the wrong way and get into bother so now, i dont really bother and feel much happier for it. I prefer to engage with 'real' life abit more.