How do you cope?

I’m a recently diagnosed adult woman and was wondering what people find helps them cope the best? I’m just trying to make adjustments in my life as I’m learning more about how I struggle. Just want to see how people may cope with social communication, sensory issues, routine/changes. Etc. Any suggestions would be welcome as I’m finding it difficult to put adjustments and tools in place after going without them for years.

Parents
  • It's a constant work in process. You need time to work through what it all means for you. Find your tribe, connection with others goes a massive way to help one feeling less defective. And trying to find the lighter side of situations. Reading about double empathy and also burnout have also helped. Meditate. A lot of the time it is about coping unfortunately, but sometimes you may flourish now you know more about yourself.

• It's a constant work in process. You need time to work through what it all means for you. Find your tribe, connection with others goes a massive way to help one feeling less defective. And trying to find the lighter side of situations. Reading about double empathy and also burnout have also helped. Meditate. A lot of the time it is about coping unfortunately, but sometimes you may flourish now you know more about yourself.

Children