Trying to get my confidence back

Hi I really want to build my confidence up but I’m not sure how to do it years ago I used to be really confident I did disability awareness around different school and I used to do public speaking I used to be proud of my autism but after breaking up with my abusive neurotypical ex boyfriend my confidence just slipped away. I really want it back so far I am learning to do fire spinning my friend Rikki is encouraging me I love it but I am finding some of the moves difficult I want to start playing with fire but I’m not ready for that yet I want to get up and perform with Rikki he wants me to be proud of my autism like he is but I’m finding it hard to do that. How can I over come this how can I be the person I used to be again? 

Parents
  • Personally, when I see people or cars I imagine them upside down and then they are less intimidating. A lot of people go to the gym and build their muscles but the biggest muscle of all is the brain and it has your imagination, almost anything is possible if you imagine it. Well, not to exaggerate too much, but if you imagine a good situation it can be a lot more likely to happen

• Thanks for the advice I do try to do that hopefully at some point I will be ready to play with fire and I can start performing with Rikki at the events he goes to. 

Reply Children
No Data