Is this an Asperger’s thing? If so what’s it called?

• Does anyone get a fixation on a thought or see something that they don’t like but for some reason they have to keep on thinking about it or looking at it even if it’s distressing. Almost like a compulsion even though you don’t like what it is. It’s an embarrassing example. But I recently was informed about a sexual practice I found repulsive and weird but can’t stop thinking about it for some reason. Sorry for the weird example, it’s the most recent one. Is this an Asperger’s thing. If so what’s it called?
Parents
  • That sounds familiar. I believe autistic people can become fixated on certain things. I believe autistic people can be quite territorial and believe their possessions are there’s and can be quite territorial about it. It’s interesting. I was similar as a child I didn’t like to share my toys with others because I had a strong sense that they were mines and mines only lol. I guess it’s just a different brain that works in different ways I would try not to overanalyse or look to deep into the matter as that can mess with your head. Sometimes things just are. And yes it sounds like OCD in the mild range. Probably somewhat like most people have. If anyone hears about something they find unpleasant it is normal sometimes for people to feel compusled to look at it or learn more about it. It’s just curiosity sometimes. I mean why is there videos of fatal car crashes on the internet with millions of views. I believe people are curious to see these kinds of things for some reason. I try and stay away from anything I find to be unpleasant or depressing.

• That sounds familiar. I believe autistic people can become fixated on certain things. I believe autistic people can be quite territorial and believe their possessions are there’s and can be quite territorial about it. It’s interesting. I was similar as a child I didn’t like to share my toys with others because I had a strong sense that they were mines and mines only lol. I guess it’s just a different brain that works in different ways I would try not to overanalyse or look to deep into the matter as that can mess with your head. Sometimes things just are. And yes it sounds like OCD in the mild range. Probably somewhat like most people have. If anyone hears about something they find unpleasant it is normal sometimes for people to feel compusled to look at it or learn more about it. It’s just curiosity sometimes. I mean why is there videos of fatal car crashes on the internet with millions of views. I believe people are curious to see these kinds of things for some reason. I try and stay away from anything I find to be unpleasant or depressing.

Children
No Data