Driving!

Hey so I’m really struggling to pass my driving test. I’ve been learning with this instructor for around a year. He’s great so chilled really good with my way of learning and doesn’t judge me what so ever. I’ve been learning in total for about 2 years but that’s been spread over 4 years with Covid. I can drive okay and my instructor says my driving is fine but I just can’t pass my test I’m on my 4th one now. If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated

Parents
  • One thing that helped me was to pretend I had already passed the test and the instructor was a friend and we were just going for a joyride. This helped me a lot and after failing 4 times I pretended I had passed and was with my friend and that time I passed!

I think it helped in the sense that I actually felt like it was true and I couldn't fail because I had already passed. I know it wouldn't work for everyone but it definitely worked for me. I've been driving for nearly ten years now and I love it.

• I’ve tried all the sayings all the positive thinking’s and it just doesn’t seem to work I’m so stressed out all the time about my driving. Today in my lesson my instructor asked if I was in therapy or on any meds to help with my anxiety and I said already on meds and can’t go back to therapy for 6 months yet and that’s only the reraferral I’d have to go back on the waiting list and that’s about 3 months so I can’t really go back for another 9. So he’s suggested hypnotherapy just to help me get over my anxiety because he said my driving isn’t bad it’s just nerves and im stressy person. He’s been really helpful but it’s just me and my stress head but then I can’t help but dwell on the bad stuff 

• I’ve tried all the sayings all the positive thinking’s and it just doesn’t seem to work I’m so stressed out all the time about my driving. Today in my lesson my instructor asked if I was in therapy or on any meds to help with my anxiety and I said already on meds and can’t go back to therapy for 6 months yet and that’s only the reraferral I’d have to go back on the waiting list and that’s about 3 months so I can’t really go back for another 9. So he’s suggested hypnotherapy just to help me get over my anxiety because he said my driving isn’t bad it’s just nerves and im stressy person. He’s been really helpful but it’s just me and my stress head but then I can’t help but dwell on the bad stuff 

Children
No Data