Driving!

Hey so I’m really struggling to pass my driving test. I’ve been learning with this instructor for around a year. He’s great so chilled really good with my way of learning and doesn’t judge me what so ever. I’ve been learning in total for about 2 years but that’s been spread over 4 years with Covid. I can drive okay and my instructor says my driving is fine but I just can’t pass my test I’m on my 4th one now. If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated

Parents
  • Are you getting nervous during the test? I failed my first one because my leg was shaking so much my foot slipped off the clutch and I stalled on a roundabout! I’m not really sure what to suggest for calming techniques though except maybe avoiding caffeine if it’s prone to making you more jittery. Is there any pattern to the reasons you fail that you can work on? In the olden days when I took mine they gave you a carbon copy of the sheet that they mark off the faults on. Even if they are things that aren’t a problem in lessons maybe something to be more mindful of when taking the test. Although I did find they used to want you to look in the mirrors so much you can’t be looking forwards enough! 

• Are you getting nervous during the test? I failed my first one because my leg was shaking so much my foot slipped off the clutch and I stalled on a roundabout! I’m not really sure what to suggest for calming techniques though except maybe avoiding caffeine if it’s prone to making you more jittery. Is there any pattern to the reasons you fail that you can work on? In the olden days when I took mine they gave you a carbon copy of the sheet that they mark off the faults on. Even if they are things that aren’t a problem in lessons maybe something to be more mindful of when taking the test. Although I did find they used to want you to look in the mirrors so much you can’t be looking forwards enough! 

Children