Bad hair day

I just had my hair cut. She cut it too short and i look stupid!

The day started ok. I met someone this morning about potential work which went well. I came home and felt tired. Out again to have my hair cut. Aarrg! I hate it and now im crying. One minute i feel very capable and positive with so much to offer, then bam, melt down. 

I caught myself in the mirror whilst talking at the hair dressers and it is so obvious that im different. Now i want to hide. 

When i was about 14, i cut all my hair off to be like the boys, i look a bit like that now! 

In 2018 i was prescribed a different antidepressants. Because i rarely felt well, on them i slowly reduced to half the dose over the past couple of years. Now on half dose my autustic traits are mire apparent. I am also being referred for an assessment for ADHD. 

I have to decide, do i continue as i am vattling or increase or change my medication.  I kniw it wont help my hair grow quicker but i might not be so bothered about it!! Trying to bring some humour to a stupid situation x. 

Parents
  • You have my sympathies Tulip52.

It has been YEARS since I last visited a hair salon, but I have not forgotten the frustration of ending up with a hair cut that I didn't feel happy with.

There is one memorable occasion that sticks in my mind. I had gone along with some pictures of how I wanted my hair cut, and had specifically told the stylist that I didn't want any products in my hair. To be fair to the stylist, the hair cut I ended up with wasn't far off what I had asked for. However, she felt my hair needed volume, so went against my wishes by adding some styling wax. It was completely wasted on me, as the first thing I did when I arrived home was to wash my hair to remove the styling wax.

I now use hair clippers (with assistance from my son) to cut my hair. Sometimes I'm happy with the result, and sometimes I'm not and think it looks a mess. When that happens, I try to laugh about it. I remind myself that no matter how awful I think my hair looks, it cannot possibly look as bad as it did after cutting my hair with a pair of baby nail scissors when I was about 3 or 4 years old. 

• You have my sympathies Tulip52.

It has been YEARS since I last visited a hair salon, but I have not forgotten the frustration of ending up with a hair cut that I didn't feel happy with.

There is one memorable occasion that sticks in my mind. I had gone along with some pictures of how I wanted my hair cut, and had specifically told the stylist that I didn't want any products in my hair. To be fair to the stylist, the hair cut I ended up with wasn't far off what I had asked for. However, she felt my hair needed volume, so went against my wishes by adding some styling wax. It was completely wasted on me, as the first thing I did when I arrived home was to wash my hair to remove the styling wax.

I now use hair clippers (with assistance from my son) to cut my hair. Sometimes I'm happy with the result, and sometimes I'm not and think it looks a mess. When that happens, I try to laugh about it. I remind myself that no matter how awful I think my hair looks, it cannot possibly look as bad as it did after cutting my hair with a pair of baby nail scissors when I was about 3 or 4 years old. 

Children
No Data