Bad hair day

I just had my hair cut. She cut it too short and i look stupid!

The day started ok. I met someone this morning about potential work which went well. I came home and felt tired. Out again to have my hair cut. Aarrg! I hate it and now im crying. One minute i feel very capable and positive with so much to offer, then bam, melt down. 

I caught myself in the mirror whilst talking at the hair dressers and it is so obvious that im different. Now i want to hide. 

When i was about 14, i cut all my hair off to be like the boys, i look a bit like that now! 

In 2018 i was prescribed a different antidepressants. Because i rarely felt well, on them i slowly reduced to half the dose over the past couple of years. Now on half dose my autustic traits are mire apparent. I am also being referred for an assessment for ADHD. 

I have to decide, do i continue as i am vattling or increase or change my medication.  I kniw it wont help my hair grow quicker but i might not be so bothered about it!! Trying to bring some humour to a stupid situation x. 

• You have my sympathies Tulip52.

It has been YEARS since I last visited a hair salon, but I have not forgotten the frustration of ending up with a hair cut that I didn't feel happy with.

There is one memorable occasion that sticks in my mind. I had gone along with some pictures of how I wanted my hair cut, and had specifically told the stylist that I didn't want any products in my hair. To be fair to the stylist, the hair cut I ended up with wasn't far off what I had asked for. However, she felt my hair needed volume, so went against my wishes by adding some styling wax. It was completely wasted on me, as the first thing I did when I arrived home was to wash my hair to remove the styling wax.

I now use hair clippers (with assistance from my son) to cut my hair. Sometimes I'm happy with the result, and sometimes I'm not and think it looks a mess. When that happens, I try to laugh about it. I remind myself that no matter how awful I think my hair looks, it cannot possibly look as bad as it did after cutting my hair with a pair of baby nail scissors when I was about 3 or 4 years old. 

• Hi

Thank you for your reply. 

I see the same little girl in the mirror. 

I dont mind short hair if its cut well, but its a mess. Its not the end of the world, worst things happen! I suppose my reaction is to do with how i am feeling anyway x

• Ooo I've been where you are now and I'm sorry you've got to endure this bad hair whilst having to deal with everything else going on in your life. Your bad hair day is one of the reasons why I try to avoid haircuts. Own personal changes is something I really struggle to process, I'm 27 but struggle to see me as "Me" because I remember when I was a little girl and the reflection I see now, she doesn't look like me. 

Lol sorry I'm rambling about myself now. I hope you're feeling better and it doesn't upset you too much. Whether you decide to take an increase in medication is entirely up to you. Maybe you could write out a pros and cons list and see how it looks and sounds after? :) On the bright side, you have your hair growing back to look forward to!