I miss Borat

He was a very funny character.

www.youtube.com/watch

• Or how the BBC didn't show one episode from a David Attenborough series on climate change. Why? As they were worried it would upset the right. Typical double-standards.

This isn't true.

“This is totally inaccurate, there is no sixth episode. Wild Isles is – and always was – a five-part series and does not shy away from environmental content.

We have acquired a separate film for iPlayer from the RSPB and WWF and Silverback Films about people working to preserve and restore the biodiversity of the British Isles.”

• This is THE most appropriate and accomplished segue I have EVER seen !

Brava !

• Would you indulge me a few questions please?

Is it Desmond's differing world perspectives that upset you so?.....or the way that he expresses them?.....or the fact that he is willing to express them?.....or the fact that people hold differing world perspectives to you?

I'm not after a fight here Baked P.....my questions are genuine and sincere.

I am increasingly intrigued (and not just a little alarmed) by the type of rhetoric and fervour with which humans are choosing to express themselves to try and bludgeon each other.  I'm the dispassionate analytical type who resists the easy slide into tribal aggression and dismissiveness on complex "big" issues, but find my tribe of calm, respectful and nuanced moderates vanishingly small these days.....hence my questions.

The world is currently in such a mess, I can't believe that this is due to one "side" or the other.  To my mind, there must be more to it.  

I'm trying to understand what I am "missing" in the current communication zeitgeist......and if I need to change my current modus operandi......I repeatedly and increasingly find myself in untenable scenarios.

I thank you in advance, if you are able and willing to help me understand better.

• Meanwhile in the world of autism we have his less famous cousin Simon and his Spectrum 10K project Unamused

That's who we have to blame for the AQ questionnaires and various (largely discredited) theories such as the extreme male brain and lack of theory of mind.

https://theautisticadvocate.com/spectrum10k-autism-autistic-people-and-the-controversy-of-sbc/

• Borat was great in the short segments that went with the Ali G show, but I thought the first film was very disappointing.

I liked his Bruno film from 2009 more, the overtly gay character used to wind up homophobic conservatives and film their reactions. That was great (although not very popular with the wokeflakes, of course).

• This WOKE MOB moral panic, whipped up by the right-wing billionaire press demagogue, is the laziest, rote argument in politics. One designed to deflect attention from the catastrophic failings of hard-right capitalism.

Kind of funny how right-wingers spend all their time getting hysterical about the most inane, innocuous things. Almost like they're precious snowflakes! SpongeBob SquarePants, for example, with the hysterical fundamental Christian right panic-stricken that an absurd cartoon pursues gay rights.

Or how the BBC didn't show one episode from a David Attenborough series on climate change. Why? As they were worried it would upset the right. Typical double-standards.

• yea, me too. Did he ever get to SNL? A pity. 

• Hot wife though !  [Forgive me everybody.....but it's true!.....no hate to be had here ....all admiration and respect!?]

Desmond you bring out the milkiest best and worst of me sir.  Pleased by your news of the litter tray.  Endlessly in awe of your genuinely profound scepticism of all things USA.....and woke.  A pillar of our community, and long may that continue, please God.

Love to Hope.

• Sasha Baron-Cohen ended up becoming another Woke Hollywood Muppet. Advocating 'Fact Checking'.