Offer of Interview at job application

Hi

I have been going over and over these questions during a job application I am making online and I need some guidance from anyone who has experience in this please? 

I was diagnosed autism 1 year ago and inattentive adhd last month, I’m currently being made redundant so making job applications.

I have not applied for a job since diagnosis so these particular questions have me questioning myself! 

1. Do you have a disability as defined by the equality act 2010

2. If you have a disability as defined by the equality act 2010, do you wish to be considered for an Offer Of An Interview

(false declaration will impact your overall application) 

many thanks 

Parents Reply Children
  • You are welcome!

Thank you. There is an option for “prefer not to say” so I will select that.

It negates the possibility of being included in their “ interview offer scheme “ but then I get to disclose on my

That seems like a good option, at least then you have control of when you disclose your autistic identity.

Good luck with the rest of the recruitment process, I hope you get the job!

What job are you applying for?

• Thank you. There is an option for “prefer not to say” so I will select that.

It negates the possibility of being included in their “ interview offer scheme “ but then I get to disclose on my terms. 

• But only if you disclose that you identify as disabled. You can be autistic and not disabled! But also, this is not fair because autistics should not be forced to disclose if they are not comfortable doing so.