Applying for PIP support

Hi Folks, I am an 29 year old male who has Aspergers. I've had PIP in the past, but I was taken off of it in 2019, and due to family circumstances, including a death in the family, I never chased it. I've recived the forms and I'm getting help from CAB to fill them in. I don't have a lot in the way of evidence but I do have a diagnosis, I have IBS and Anxiety/Depression. 

Should I bother and write how it affects me? Because I don't have a ton of evidence. 

Parents
  • I have Asperger's and currently waiting on my PIP being renewed. They refused to renew from 13th January, as they did twice before. They thing Autism just goes away and don't like paying out for it. Looking like another tribunal to get what I'm entitled to

• nah they understand autism its just that it doesnt raise enough need for pip.

thats why they have questions with points... where the points you get are for saying you cant go to the toilet unassisted or cant cross a road without help or cant do anything.... and most people with autism can actually do all of these things without assistance... so it doesnt qualify for pip support because it doesnt  have these impacts on your life that restrict your life in these ways and require this select help.

theres even people who had their legs amputated, they could get pip when they was struggling, but as soon as they could manage to walk on their own with prosthetics and was helping themselves their pip got taken away as they suddenly could do things themselves without help... so even worse cases are not infact entitled to pip by the standards set out in the questions.

• I was getting standard rate on both components, as my Asperger's affects me in communication and understanding certain things, which qualified for lowest points for standard rate. Mobility side, I was awarded minimum points as I've been known to get lost when I'm driving in areas I don't know and need satnav a lot. The people who make the decision obviously don't know how ASD affects people. I'm now awaiting my decision after Mandatory Reconsideration

• aye tribunals will always be a win and a go to super power for people, even in work as the board of tribunals are often chaired by people whod take your side anyway. like work tribunals will be chaired by people that just hate big business so will always go against your boss lol which makes tribunals always a win for the little guy against big business or institution.

• Their process is a joke really. Here in NI, it's a company called CAPITA who do the initial assessments. They are not qualified psycologists or doctors, just basically medical receptionists. They have no idea what a person's life is day to day, especially when it's all done over the phone here. They are the ones that tell decision makers to refuse claims. I'm currently waiting on Mandatory Reconsideration, and should get a decision by March 15th. If they refuse again, it will go to tribunal and I've already won twice in the past, and awarded standard rate on both components for 3 years each time

• ah yeah im bad at navigating places i have never been to... but its not a issue as the places i go to are the only places i go to by routine anyway. work, shops, i dont go anywhere else. so i know all my places by habbit of regular places.

although my motorbike actually came with a sat nav fitted as standard, which is pretty neat for a motorbike.

anyway it seems like you got it anyway if you got standard rate, as i said mobility is always hard and i think that is the bit what always fails people.... as i said people who had legs lost who tried to help themselves suddenly lost their pip due to changing their lives and improving their own mobility... its pretty bad that really, but the system is very rigid and unable to use common sense on these issues.

• ah yeah im bad at navigating places i have never been to... but its not a issue as the places i go to are the only places i go to by routine anyway. work, shops, i dont go anywhere else. so i know all my places by habbit of regular places.

although my motorbike actually came with a sat nav fitted as standard, which is pretty neat for a motorbike.

anyway it seems like you got it anyway if you got standard rate, as i said mobility is always hard and i think that is the bit what always fails people.... as i said people who had legs lost who tried to help themselves suddenly lost their pip due to changing their lives and improving their own mobility... its pretty bad that really, but the system is very rigid and unable to use common sense on these issues.

Children
  • aye tribunals will always be a win and a go to super power for people, even in work as the board of tribunals are often chaired by people whod take your side anyway. like work tribunals will be chaired by people that just hate big business so will always go against your boss lol which makes tribunals always a win for the little guy against big business or institution.

• Their process is a joke really. Here in NI, it's a company called CAPITA who do the initial assessments. They are not qualified psycologists or doctors, just basically medical receptionists. They have no idea what a person's life is day to day, especially when it's all done over the phone here. They are the ones that tell decision makers to refuse claims. I'm currently waiting on Mandatory Reconsideration, and should get a decision by March 15th. If they refuse again, it will go to tribunal and I've already won twice in the past, and awarded standard rate on both components for 3 years each time