Autism Exploited

In an ongoing matter involving Social Services, a social worker, an independent social worker, a hospital official, a representative of CAFCASS, and even her own legal representation, my autistic niece has been disallowed any kind of support during all encounters with all parties. Her diagnosis is a matter of record, and  known to all, and yet it has been universally and systematically disregarded.

Each of the aforementioned parties makes it's own interpretation as it sees fit, and in many cases, her words have been chosen for her..

Does anyone have any comment or advice..?

Parents
  • This is an absolutely disgusting abuse of Athority - it’s the same kind of outdated mindset that still regards autism as a behavioural and disciplinary condition and issue, coming from a point blank refusal to understand anything about autism, dismissing everything coming from us as nonsense, insisting that we not be allowed to live alone and/or have a live in carer to submit us to ultra strict milltary style discipline as the only way to “manage” our condition, rigidly and robustly “challenging” our “dysfunctional” behaviours as decided by them - you are going to have to get expert help with this one, challenging this in the courts and writing to people in positions of power and other famous people to get help 

• You overthink that. Social workers just like to bully defenceless people. In general, ASD are docile, compliant and not aggressive, so they see them as prey. A social worker won't try those tactics with a violent criminal or a burly construction worker.

• Perhaps so, but instinctively, a properly informed conscience and a correct moral compass knows that this is morally wrong at every level - morals do matter in this situation, in fact morals are the only thing that matters in this situation and it’s no wonder when I was growing up, my grandparents, themselves devout traditional Irish Catholics, in all sorts of situations, would constantly remind us of our Catholic “faith and morals” 

• used young women and children as laundry slaves

That was done in God's name, so it is morally sound. What do you think, ?

• Aye Debbie, these and many other atrocities like them, all carried out beneath the banner of faith. Please keep in mind though, that those are the sins of the few. They're certainly not mine, and I very much doubt they're IrishInManc's either.

• The same Roman Catholic that shagged children in their orphanages?

Yep and used young women and children as laundry slaves. 

Reply Children