Autism Exploited

In an ongoing matter involving Social Services, a social worker, an independent social worker, a hospital official, a representative of CAFCASS, and even her own legal representation, my autistic niece has been disallowed any kind of support during all encounters with all parties. Her diagnosis is a matter of record, and  known to all, and yet it has been universally and systematically disregarded.

Each of the aforementioned parties makes it's own interpretation as it sees fit, and in many cases, her words have been chosen for her..

Does anyone have any comment or advice..?

Parents
  • This is an absolutely disgusting abuse of Athority - it’s the same kind of outdated mindset that still regards autism as a behavioural and disciplinary condition and issue, coming from a point blank refusal to understand anything about autism, dismissing everything coming from us as nonsense, insisting that we not be allowed to live alone and/or have a live in carer to submit us to ultra strict milltary style discipline as the only way to “manage” our condition, rigidly and robustly “challenging” our “dysfunctional” behaviours as decided by them - you are going to have to get expert help with this one, challenging this in the courts and writing to people in positions of power and other famous people to get help 

• "Outdated mindset"...

Ya got it dead right there my friend. I don't know about other localities, but here it seems social workers learn the job, on the job, from others already in the job. As such, methods that were questionable 30 years ago, when they were abandoned, remain common practice to this very day

• "Outdated mindset"...

Ya got it dead right there my friend. I don't know about other localities, but here it seems social workers learn the job, on the job, from others already in the job. As such, methods that were questionable 30 years ago, when they were abandoned, remain common practice to this very day

Children
No Data