Autism Exploited

In an ongoing matter involving Social Services, a social worker, an independent social worker, a hospital official, a representative of CAFCASS, and even her own legal representation, my autistic niece has been disallowed any kind of support during all encounters with all parties. Her diagnosis is a matter of record, and  known to all, and yet it has been universally and systematically disregarded.

Each of the aforementioned parties makes it's own interpretation as it sees fit, and in many cases, her words have been chosen for her..

Does anyone have any comment or advice..?

Parents
  • Appeal. You have good chances of winning, although it will take forever. They just hope that you are too scared to appeal.

• Thank you, your response is much appreciated. That does indeed seem to be where we're heading, but aside from a question of being too scared, the effects of exhaustion perhaps weigh even heavier.

• They also hope that you are too tired and ashamed to appeal. The vast majority of appeals are won, but many claimants are just not in any shape to fight.

• Agreed - it’s the same thing in bullying cases, especially in supermarkets - having survived school bullying myself, I endured a lot of supermarket bullying over 30 years and this got a lot worse after I moved to the U.K., where you are told that you do not have any right to make any comment on any issue where you are deemed to be negative and have mental health issues if you attempt to speak out - in my experience, bullies always win and always get away with it, they are always rewarded for their bullying behaviour and you are just supposed to take it and put up with it, to suffer in silence, that everyone else is always right and you are the only one that is wrong by default and by definition - this bullying mindset has got a lot worse about 15 years before Covid and it’s probably got worse still in the post Covid era - I’m not sure if it’s even possible to get justice in the courts either, as the corruption in the legal system is off the scale 

• Agreed - it’s the same thing in bullying cases, especially in supermarkets - having survived school bullying myself, I endured a lot of supermarket bullying over 30 years and this got a lot worse after I moved to the U.K., where you are told that you do not have any right to make any comment on any issue where you are deemed to be negative and have mental health issues if you attempt to speak out - in my experience, bullies always win and always get away with it, they are always rewarded for their bullying behaviour and you are just supposed to take it and put up with it, to suffer in silence, that everyone else is always right and you are the only one that is wrong by default and by definition - this bullying mindset has got a lot worse about 15 years before Covid and it’s probably got worse still in the post Covid era - I’m not sure if it’s even possible to get justice in the courts either, as the corruption in the legal system is off the scale 

Children
No Data