No real friends or acquaintances

It's just mentally tough. I really have no one to talk to. I only have work colleagues, and that's it. It's a very sad situation being like this. I'm different to other people and i just can't accept i'll never make friends. It's missing out on life, this s*** is. I do deeply wish i could make friends - i long for more conmections,and having a few guys to hang out with would be great. I always am alone and it takes a toll on my psyche. I've wanted friends for years, but I've never been successful. At 20, should i accept i'll never make the friends and memories i want?

Parents
  • You are right there it is mentally tough and it's something that no one around me can appreciate. They don't see it as a big deal but then they all have friends and can talk to friends without anxiety, it's easy to look in from the outside and think it's not that bad.

I've always wanted friends but been too anxious to talk to people and make friends. Being autistic makes me socially awkward and has caused me social anxiety. I lack the social skills, my communication skills are so bad I would find it near impossible to talk to a parrot! 

Don't accept that you will never make friends because you don't know that for sure and it would be a shame to miss out if you hid away. Keep plucking away at it, you might meet your first friend today. There is always hope!

• You are right there it is mentally tough and it's something that no one around me can appreciate. They don't see it as a big deal but then they all have friends and can talk to friends without anxiety, it's easy to look in from the outside and think it's not that bad.

I've always wanted friends but been too anxious to talk to people and make friends. Being autistic makes me socially awkward and has caused me social anxiety. I lack the social skills, my communication skills are so bad I would find it near impossible to talk to a parrot! 

Don't accept that you will never make friends because you don't know that for sure and it would be a shame to miss out if you hid away. Keep plucking away at it, you might meet your first friend today. There is always hope!

Children
No Data