No real friends or acquaintances

It's just mentally tough. I really have no one to talk to. I only have work colleagues, and that's it. It's a very sad situation being like this. I'm different to other people and i just can't accept i'll never make friends. It's missing out on life, this s*** is. I do deeply wish i could make friends - i long for more conmections,and having a few guys to hang out with would be great. I always am alone and it takes a toll on my psyche. I've wanted friends for years, but I've never been successful. At 20, should i accept i'll never make the friends and memories i want?

Parents
  • I know making friends can feel daunting, but some strategies can help. Firstly, consider joining groups or activities centred around your interests – it's a great way to meet like-minded individuals. Practice your social skills in a supportive environment, be patient with yourself, and remember, it's about quality over quantity.  And most importantly, be true to yourself. Genuine connections happen when you're authentic. You've got this!

• I know making friends can feel daunting, but some strategies can help. Firstly, consider joining groups or activities centred around your interests – it's a great way to meet like-minded individuals. Practice your social skills in a supportive environment, be patient with yourself, and remember, it's about quality over quantity.  And most importantly, be true to yourself. Genuine connections happen when you're authentic. You've got this!

Children
No Data