what do neurotypical people want Bruh

I get asked questions typically yes or no questions and when I answer I find that my answer is not what they're looking for.

For example, someone asked me if I've eaten (hey have you eaten).  I'm like yeah, I ate a donut. they are always then displeased. Should I go around saying no? or they make a comment like a donut isn't a proper meal. 

what is the right answer here?

Parents
  • I have realised that when people ask me questions like that  i answer them  but i dont usuallybthen reply  have youneaten  what did you have? I dont ask people questions, i think if they want me to know something they will tell me. 

About petsonal stuff, people ask petsonal stuff, are you married  do you have children? I have rarely asked others petsonal questions .

• Me too, I have now learned to reciprocate any question asked to me which isn't suitable in every scenario but I'd rather embarrass myself by accidentally asking my waiter what they want to drink, than hurt people's feelings by accident as I felt guilty for upsetting people. I don't really understand neurotypicals either but I think that if they are willing to try understand me, I'll do the same and I think I'm making some progress!

• Me too, I have now learned to reciprocate any question asked to me which isn't suitable in every scenario but I'd rather embarrass myself by accidentally asking my waiter what they want to drink, than hurt people's feelings by accident as I felt guilty for upsetting people. I don't really understand neurotypicals either but I think that if they are willing to try understand me, I'll do the same and I think I'm making some progress!

Children
No Data