Friends

When I was out earlier I saw a group of people who were friends and they were talking fluently with each other, laughing and clearly having a great time. I felt sad seeing it because it's that I long for and have wanted all through school but never got and now I'm 21 and I still have no friends and feel lonely.

I've looked up online tips to try to make friends and be successful with interactions but I'm still no good at it. I can hardly talk to my own family let alone talk to a stranger to try and make friends with. I hope I can make friends with someone one day. I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life.

Parents
  • How about looking up "in your area" on social media or the internet? To find a class or a group that you think you may like? You dont say if you work? Once upon a time i worked in a shop. I said to a colleague that i sometimes go quiet, theres nothing wrong i just go quiet. She replied so do i. Sometimes we need to be brave. I read that we need to allow ourselves to be vulnerable otherwise we miss out. Find your people. They wont come knocking on your door. Be brave and hopefully you will reap the benefits x

• How about looking up "in your area" on social media or the internet? To find a class or a group that you think you may like? You dont say if you work? Once upon a time i worked in a shop. I said to a colleague that i sometimes go quiet, theres nothing wrong i just go quiet. She replied so do i. Sometimes we need to be brave. I read that we need to allow ourselves to be vulnerable otherwise we miss out. Find your people. They wont come knocking on your door. Be brave and hopefully you will reap the benefits x

Children
No Data